The Gospel ("Good News" in Greek) of Jesus Christ is organized around these questions:
1) Who made us and to whom are we accountable?
2) Why are we separated from God?
3) What is God's solution to our problem?
4) How can I be included in this solution?
The answers to these questions are found in God's Word, the Bible.
1) The God of the Bible made us:
Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. "
The LORD passed before him and proclaimed, "The LORD, the LORD, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness, keeping steadfast love for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, but who will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of fathers on the children and the children's children, to the third and the fourth generation." Exodus 34:6-7
Most people have heard that God is love, and this is true. However, He is also righteous, which means He holds us accountable for our sins, as we read above in Exodus 34:6-7.
2) So our problem is our sin against Him. (Romans 3:23 & 3:10; 6:23)
"For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23
"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one." Romans 3:10
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23
3) God's solution is salvation through Jesus Christ:
"That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness until eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 5:21
"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." 2 Corinthians 5:21
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." John 3:16-17
"I and my Father are one." John 10:30
"And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay." Matthew 28:5-6
4) We come to be included in that salvation by faith and repentance. To repent of our sin means to turn away from our rebellion from God. Not only that but we turn to God in faith, which is reliance -- relying on Jesus to trust in Him alone to stand in our place and win a righteous verdict from God.
"As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world." John 17:18
"Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed." 1 Peter 2:24
"For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:" 1 Peter 3:18